A Way Forward
Advocacy and Services for ALL victims of Domestic and Sexual Violence since 1983
Important Update on COVID-19
- AWAY formerly Women’s Resource Center is still available and providing services to victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, stalking, dating violence and human trafficking. Services and support are available 24 hours a day by calling our hotline at 304-255-2559.
- Our outreach offices in Beckley, Fayetteville, Hinton and Summersville are operating normally from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday.
- If you have any questions, please call our hotline at 304-255-2559, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please don’t hesitate to contact us should you need assistance.
Formerly Women’s Resource Center
AWAY is a private, West Virginia non profit agency that provides temporary emergency shelter, counseling, crisis intervention, advocacy and other supportive services for victims, survivors, and witnesses of domestic violence and sexual violence.
Find The Support You Need TODAY!
Serving Southern WV
Services are provided free of charge, 24/7 at our shelter in Beckley, WV as well as in our outreach offices located in Raleigh (Beckley), Fayette (Fayetteville), Summers (Hinton), and Nicholas (Summersville) counties.
Who We Are
The THREE S’s of AWAY
AWAY (formerly Women’s Resource Center) is one of fourteen (14) licensed domestic violence programs in the state of West Virginia and is a member program of the West Virginia Coalition Against Domestic Violence. AWAY is one of nine (9) rape crisis centers of The West Virginia Foundation for Rape Information and Services; West Virginia’s sexual assault coalition.
AWAY offers temporary emergency shelter, crisis intervention, individual therapeutic counseling, legal, personal, medical and systems advocacy, individual case management, 24 hour crisis hotline, information and referral, service planning and safety planning, support groups and programs to assist child witness and survivors of domestic and sexual violence.
- YOU have the RIGHT to be treated with dignity and respect
- YOU have the RIGHT to notification
- YOU have the RIGHT to be present
- YOU have the RIGHT to be heard
- YOU have the RIGHT to reasonable protection from intimidation and harm
- YOU have the RIGHT to restitution
- YOU have the RIGHT to information and referral
- YOU have the RIGHT to apply for compensation
- YOU have the RIGHT to speedy proceedings